Friday 27 July 2007

Totally straight, but just a sexual handicap...

So when we first started talking online, he told me what I'll get is a straight guy who's just "sexually challenged". Basically, he was informing me that he's completely straight acting, and the only thing that makes him a stereotypical gay male is his attraction to men. Boy, is he a liar. Trust me, I've met men that you just cannot tell are gay. My husband, believe me, he is flaming!

Ok, so he tries to act straight when he's around his buddies or his family, but it's just not working. How can they not have suspected anything by now when the things he talks about are so....well......gay! I have to give him some credit though. He dresses down, doesn't (usually) do any femme hand motions, and he likes to drink and talk about football. Sure, this helps ease the tension somewhat, but he brings up the weirdest conversations.

Just the other day, we were out with a couple of his friends. They started talking about going out to vegas for a mini-vacation and how much fun it would be blowing cash on strippers, just the regular straight-guy talk I suppose. Half way through the conversation, he starts talking about how he enjoys going on vacations that allow him to enjoy the culture and watch people go about their daily routines, watching impeccably dressed women and how well they apply their makeup, and appreciating the different wines and food and...blah blah blah. Is that not 'gay' talk?

I confronted him about this, and he told me I am deprived of any culture whatsoever and have lived a sheltered life. Ugh, typical. He just can't admit that he's not the straight guy he pretended to be.